Raised body temperature up to 98.0°F can be treated as viral fever. It can be considered as an indication that the body is fighting through some viral infection. It can affect the patient through flu and the common cold. Most viral fevers can be improved with time and supportive treatments such as cold compresses and over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Having too high body temperature can be severe and require quick and proper medication.
Symptoms of Viral Fever
Viral fevers can range from 99°F to over 103°F (39°C), according to the underlying virus. Viral fever is the body’s reaction to exposure to viruses and bacteria. Also, it is an inflammatory response to the body’s illness. The explanation of the illness is according to the person’s age and the originated temperature.
Having a viral fever may show these symptoms-
- Body sweating
- Mild headache
- Body aches and pains
- loss of appetite
|Viral Fever – Symptoms, Causes, Treatment and Side effects|
Causes of Viral Fever:-
- Inhalation- sneeze and cough of infected person contain infected droplets and if inhaled it can transfer the infection in the form of flu and the common cold.
- Ingestion-food and water also contain infecting viruses and if we eat or drink it transfers the infection into your body in the form of norovirus and enteroviruses.
- Bites-animals and insects also contain infection viruses and if they bite you, you will get infected in the form of dengue, malaria and rabies.
- Bodily fluid-intercourse with an infected person can transfer the illness as body fluid contains the virus. it can be in the form of HIV or hepatitis.
Treatment of Viral Fever:-
- take rest as much as possible.
- take Ibuprofen and acetaminophen which are OTC medications
- stay hydrated to recover the fluid loss
- take antiviral medications
- keep proper hygiene around you
- take a lukewarm bath
- if the fever stays longer than 3 days, you should take proper medical attention
- do not bathe in cold water as it can have an adverse effect on the skin
- drink plenty of fluid like juice, soup, tea, water, etc.
- take rest
- try herbal remedies like moringa and kudzu roots.
- stay cool